The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity runs from 18 to 25 January 2019 inclusive. Resource material for 2019 originates from the churches of Indonesia, where there is a strong emphasis on the need for unity in view of the nation’s ethnic and religious diversity. The resources also highlight issues of economic injustice. The theme is based on Deuteronomy 16:18-20, ‘Justice, and only justice, you shall pursue…’ Information and free-to-download resources are available HERE.
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is being marked by several special, joint services, which include the following:
- The Longton Fellowship of Christian Churches will meet at Longton Elim Church, 45 Carlisle Street, Dresden, ST3 4EN, at 7.30pm on Thursday 17 January.
- Churches Together in Uttoxeter will meet at the United Reformed Church, 9 Carter Street, ST14 8HA, at 2.30pm on Saturday 19 January.
- Stafford churches will gather at Rising Brook Baptist Church, Burton Square, ST17 9LT, at 6.30pm on Sunday 20 January.
- Newcastle-under-Lyme churches will meet together at St. Andrew’s in the Westlands, Pilkington Avenue, ST5 3RE, at 6.30pm on Sunday 20 January. The preacher will be Edwin Cotter, pastor of Silverdale Elim Church.
- Stoke-upon-Trent churches will meet at West End Methodist Church, London Road, ST4 5AW, at 7.30pm on Friday 25 January. The preacher will be Howard Jones of Urban Expression, Cobridge.
- Leek churches will meet at the Salvation Army, Salisbury Street, Leek, ST13 5EE, at 4.00pm on Sunday 27 January.